Monday, February 8, 2010

Honorary Ambassador


Have you ever heard of Honorary Ambassador(홍보대사)?
A Goodwill or Honorary Ambassador is someone who expands the knowledge of others regarding their or another country's culture and its people. This name is usually used for famous people.
For example, Some celebrities are honorary ambassador for U.N.
But, this does not only stand for country or public associations.
In Korea, Large Companies started new marketing with new ambassador, college students.
Because of the lack of jobs, college students are begging for `spec'.
Spec includes their English ability, grade, Internship experience, awards, volunteer activity, and this ambassador activity. Whoever has better `spec' gets a better job.
Students need experiences from the good company, and companies need great students as future workers. So companies give chances to all these students to experience and expand their ability.
As you can assume that it's not easy to be the ambassador.
Of course! Almost every students want that position.

Besides all of these `spec' thing, this can be a great experience for students.
For example, Daewoo E&C gathers 50 students.
Once you become a ambassador, company gives you projects for 3 months.
You will work in a group with all different students from other schools.
Basically, most of the works are about marketing.
Students actually design whole marketing plan. (Brilliant ideas are needed!)
They shoot and edit the ad about the company by themselves.
For special events, they visit parts of the company, and meet valuable people.

I mean, this is what I'be been waiting for.
I'm hungry for new experience and people, I'm so ready to learn about marketing,
I loooove to design projects(I mean loooove!!!), I definitely know shooting and editing.
Also I have my own blog since last year and I'm full of ideas!

Oh my.
I'm excited!
Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment